Instead of a New Year’s Resolution that will last maybe 30 hours, I’ve decided to make a list of 10 tangible things I want to do in 2010. Please inquire from time to time to hold me accountable and ask if I’ve accomplished any of these things.
1) I want to memorize these 5 Scripture passages in the month of January. Anger tends to be one of my major issues in my life, marriage and parenting. Psalm 119:11 states “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Psalm 145:8
But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15
But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them. Neh. 9:17
Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13
He prayed to the Lord, “O Lord, is this not what I said when I was still at home? That is why I was so quick to flee to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. Jonah 4:2
2) I want to go to Big Bay Point Lighthouse B & B for my birthday/our 16th wedding anniversary. I’ve always wanted to see Lake Superior in the winter and I can’t wait to stay in a Lighthouse right on the big lake!
3) I want to start a Financial Peace University class in our home.
4) I want to further my writing skills by writing a Bible study for women. I’m not sure of all the details yet but it’s been churning in my heart for a few months.
5) I want to hone my bread making abilities. I love baking bread and would love to learn to make more varieties of artisan breads.
6) I want to develop more scheduled times of purposeful prayer with others.
7) I want to take another great camping trip with Chad and the kids.
8) I want to be purposeful in showing Chad and the kids how much I love them.
9) I want to be more purposeful in our children’s program at Oak Grove Community Church.
10) I want to be more willing to be used by God and be quicker to obey His voice.