Last week, I joined Living To Tell The Story and posted my five favorite things from that week.
Today I am in a quiet, reflective mood. It does my heart good to slow down occasionally and reflect on the blessings in my life. Sometimes, I think I hurry through life so fast, I miss the opportunities to savor special times.
Here are my favorite things this week. Maybe next week, I’ll be more prepared and have pictures to share as well…
1) NOA NOA I live in small town, middle America. However, even gems can be found in small places. We have one of the world’s greatest restaurants here. Noa Noa Wood Grill and Sushi Bar is just that! Noa Noa is our favorite local date spot and Wednesday we took my parents and my cousin for a fun dinner of fish, steak and sushi. Two hours of laughing, sparring, talking and just being together. Wonderful! (I’d give you a link, if Noa Noa had a website, but they don’t. Instead, just come visit and we’ll take you there!)
2) SCIENCE CENTRAL A local science museum came to our homeschool cooperative yesterday. They brought bubbleology, shark dissection and LEGO robotics. The kids had a blast!! Check out www.sciencecentral.org.
3) SUSAN I had an incredible visit from my cousin this week. We’ve never been especially close but in the past few years, we’ve re-connected. She came for some R&R… not so sure how much she got in our sporadic, chaotic life! So glad she came though!!!!
3) CHAD Sixteen years ago, today, I was in a white dress waiting to walk down the aisle for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and health, for as long as I shall live. Aside from the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior, this was the greatest day of my life. I love celebrating it each year!!!!
4) QUIET DAYS I find that I recharge best when I have a few quiet days in the midst of this season of my life. Today is one of those. I’ve actually cancelled school today for a mental health day for the teacher. ; ) It’s a blessing to just relax and enjoy my kids. I’m the type of mom that gets burned out going, going, going. If I do this a couple of times a month (I don’t always cancel school), I am much nicer to live with!
5) OLDER KIDS It is SOOOO nice to have arrived at the point in our parenting journey that our children don’t need a babysitter. I’m am finding this season of life so freeing! I love being able to run to the store or go for coffee with a friend without spending time figuring out what to do with the kids.
What are your favorite things this week?